Thursday, December 31, 2015

December Julep Maven Box

Hey guys,

So since December is my birthday month and I was into this month's box I decided to treat myself and use my Jules for a full polish upgrade (ALL THE POLISH) and then a couple add ons of their new Whipped Lip mousses, and a cuticle oil which I love.

Click for more after the jump.


I'm really in love with an epic red lip these days, and having really started getting into liquid to matte lipsticks I was excited to try these "lip mousses" to see how they stacked up against some faves like Stila or Kat Von D.
I grabbed two colours, At Midnight & Smooch







The doe-foot applicator has a unique shape and I actually quite like it so far, it's still not lipstick I would apply without a mirror but the shape does cradle the lip.

Unlike a liquid-matte lipstick these don't completely "matte up" but they do feel nice on the lip, and I did get compliments from the lady at sephora which was nice. 

 I wanted to see if these would pass the kiss test and transfer but since I'm forever alone I had to use Briar as my guinea pig.

Brooklyn
 ruby red microglitter
2 coats




Beatrice
 golden ember iridescent chrome
2 coats




Chrissy
deep teal creme
one coat




Elsa
snowdrift iridescent stardust 
This was three coats




Judy
moonbeam iridescent chrome
2 coats




Omelia
 sparkling sugarplum stardust
2 coats




Tish
 silver bell full coverage glitter
One coat over Chrissy




Virginia
 mahogany iridescent molten
2 coats




Makenna
gilded lilac glitter
one coat over Austen



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Even though I may not reply I read EVERY comment!